Skip to main content

SSS - One Way Or Another

He paused outside the door that would take him to his goal. He shuddered as he thought about what awaited him on the other side of the wooden door, but gathered his composure, checked his gear, his sword, even checking the blue shining stone of The Goddess who had brought him to this world. Seeing it shine brightly off of his platinum armor helped mustered up his resolve. He threw the door open, took a step into the large room at the uppermost tower of the castle and stopped in his tracks. 

The room had no windows, but there was plenty of light illuminating the grisly scene. Every inch of every wall was covered in the same shining Sigil of The Goddess he currently wore, the blue aquamarine glow leaving no detail hidden. In the center of the room was a ritual circle carved into the stone, filled with still fresh, glowing, red blood. Brightly enough to contrast with the Sigils, giving the floor a slight purple aura. At the other end of the room was the man he had come to battle, the one who The Goddess had charged him to destroy.

“You’ve done well to come this far.” The Villain spoke without emotion. The Villain, as it was clear he was with his spiked, dark black armor, his already drawn sword covered in dried red blood, and the menacing aura coming from his very being, then put himself into a fighting stance and stared at the young man before him. 

The young man, a boy really, took a long deep breath before drawing his sword and charging forward. The Hero, as it was clear from his shining armor, His sword that glistens beautifully in the unnatural light, and The Sigil of The Goddess that marked him as her chosen, said nothing as he charged.

“Your swordsmanship is far better than expected.” The Villain said with an earnest smile to the young lad after a few exchanges. Still the young lad, The Hero, said nothing. He instead gave a few quick thrusts, easily parried by The Villain, before coming down with a heavy chop. The Villain’s smile vanished as he side-stepped the attack and came forward with a thrust of his own. The Villain did not look pleased when he felt his sword hit and puncture the hero's armor. He felt no satisfaction as the hero fell to his knees a moment later in a strained cry and then to the floor silently. The villain looked to his blood-stained sword, knowing it had found the young lads heart.

He frowned at his sword, then the young lad, and finally the ground where his blood was pooling with the rest. Another innocents blood joined the circle and would help complete the ritual. He watched the light from The Hero’s Sigil fade slightly and whispered to it. Knowing she could hear him.

"You should have come for me personally. Instead you manipulate children, tell them they are the chosen ones, and send them to their death… You should have stopped... after me."

There was no response, there never was. The light just faded to a mote of aquamarine. It mattered little. Even if he had been defeated his own blood would have collected in the ritual circle and it would have begun. One way or another, he was going to win.  The villain walked to the middle of his throne room and began the final stages of the ritual. There would be no one to stop him now. There wouldn’t be time.

As the last words of the spell were spoken he revealed his own Sigil of The Goddess. The original. The blood of so many of the Goddesses chosen, the innocent, flew up in dark red tendrils from the circle below The Villain. From the source they slowly became black as they wrapped around the villain, engulfing him from torso down, lifting him from the ground. Power, leftover from the Goddess infused in their life force and in the Sigils hanging all around, began to flow through his Sigil and into him. He laughed as it propelled him higher, and he knew he could finally reach his goal.

He did not need her to come to him. He had finally amassed the power to bring the fight to her. 

As the whirling vortex of blood and energy decimated the ceiling and shot him towards the heavens he grinned at the fight ahead. For the sake of those after him, and those who could come later… He would not lose. He was the first and he would be the last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ghosts of Fort Simcoe Job Corp

I was nineteen when I first set foot at Fort Simcoe Job Corps. I was ushered into the dorm I would be spending the next seven months in, and was corralled quickly into a dorm room with several other boys who took one look at me and gave me my nickname. “We got a Lurch!” they cried. I was six foot eight inches tall at the time and towered over everyone. I smiled, this wasn’t exactly what I was expecting but it was a nice sentiment to someone in a completely new location. It was already near ten o’clock and I had been on the road since seven that morning, needless to say, I was tired. I got settled and after a string of questions about myself, we all finally went to bed around midnight. It was only 5 hours later and I woke up to everyone moving around. Apparently, we were to be up, dressed, and ready. Breakfast was in the cafeteria around 6:30 and we had to be back in our dorm at 7:30 for roll call. It was during breakfast I had been asked if the ghosts had messed with me. Apparentl

It Sensed My Fear

I first saw it when I was just a little girl. I couldn't have been more than eight years old, lying in bed trying to sleep through my mother and her boyfriend fighting. If I could just sleep I wouldn't have to worry, I could go to sleep and wake up and the arguing would be done, and I wouldn't have to hear him. Slamming his fist on a table, throwing something against the wall, hitting her, and if I was asleep, he wouldn't come after me either. It had been a particularly bad night already, he had skipped the fist slams, the throwing of objects, and had moved straight into hitting her. That means he'd be here before too long. Before I could fall asleep. The fear inside of me welled up, tears were beginning to appear at the corner of my eyes as I watched the door in horror. Waiting for him to come in and drag me out of bed. I lay on my back, eyes to the ceiling, trying to figure out the best way to fall asleep right away. That's when I saw it. It was out of the

Reversal

She had him right where she wanted him. Dead to rights. She was sure of it. She smiled sweetly, showing her bright whites as he approached. It had been a long week for her. Very sparse in her feedings over the last month, with this whole week dry. She needed the man as much as she was going to make him think he needed her. She felt embarrassed as she slipped one shapely leg out of a on trenchcoat she was holding shut, pulling the coat taut around her to show off her form. She was not used to this, being on the street like some Lady of The Night, she was a class act, and mingled among members of high society. She didn’t have trouble like this. She never had to go to the streets and hunt. Yet, here she was. “Hey mister.” she said, her voice playful, her smile still sweet as sin. “Ma’am.” said the man, wearing some tan slacks and a white button up. He looked tired, his hair, not very long, was messed up like he had ran his hands through it in exasperation one to many times. He cont